Movie Dates

Anyone who knows me - I love a good movie. Being in hospital for almost 2 years - I missed a few movies for sure. Now, I have the ability to sit in a wheelchair for 4 hours and have a wheelchair that fits Access Calgary vehicles; it was time to plan a movie date with friends. My longtime movie parter is Sara and she became my social director planning movie dates with her and her family. It was wonderful as it gave me back something I enjoyed so much before getting sick.

The first movie in May 2018 was Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. It was exciting as Sara brought along her husband John, her sister Amy and her brother John who brought his client Harold (also in a wheelchair). Amy gave me my snacks throughout the movie. You know, having Harold there didn’t make me self-aware that I was different being the only person in a wheelchair, I was able to enjoy the time with friends.

The second movie in July 2018 was Mission Impossible 6. Sara sent out the invite - along with Sara and myself - Sara’s parents, sister Amanda, brothers Peter and Jon with his client Harold all came out too. What a great day. I sure have special friends who would sit front row centre to watch a movie.

The photos below were taken from my first movie date plus showing me getting picked up from the cinema.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GBS: Learning to Accept and Adapt

Meeting Dr. Chris White - Neuromuscular Physician

Happy 50th Birthday to me