I feel like a cat sometimes...

The one of the things that is taken from you when you are a quadriplegic, the ability to scratch an itch. It drives me crazy not being able to scratch my nose and head especially when it becomes itchy. For my nose, I wiggle it or make faces try to relieve it. If I don’t have success, I eventually have to call my HCAs to use Kleenex to scratch the sides of my nose. Such relief when they do. 

Now when my head itches, I hold off and hope the itchy feeling goes away. If it doesn’t, like the nose I have to call the HCAs for assistance to scratch my scalp. I must say I am lucky I have some talented HCAs - magic fingers who give great head massages. And this is when I feel like a cat. When you are petting or massaging your cat, they move into your hand and they start purring. Similar to me, either with their hands or with my wire device, when they start scratching, I move my head around to my relieve my itch. A big sigh of relief - it’s a little piece of heaven for me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GBS: Learning to Accept and Adapt

Happy 50th Birthday to me