2nd Annual GBS/CIDP Organization fundraiser event

On Saturday May 25, 2019 Calgary held their 2nd annual GBS/CIDP fundraiser event at South Glenmore Reservoir. This yea we had fine drizzle while we walked or rolled the mile or two. We had a couple of people from Edmonton as well as Red Deer this year. I was reminded how fortunate I am to have an awesome support system in Calgary from friends and coworkers. 

Last year, which was organized by my fellow coding coordinators and the GBS/CIDP Organization we raised $11,167 towards GBS/CIDP research. This year, the Laura’s Cheering Squad raised $2800.00 and this year’s total was $11,056. So close in matching last year’s total. It’s amazing in 2 short years we have raised over $22,000 for research. We are looking forward to next year’s event and add what we can do next year to bring more awareness to this disease. 

Just like last year, I had a wonderful day seeing friends and colleagues making me smile all day long. Thank you Amanda for being my attendee and wheelchair driver for this year’s event too.
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meeting Dr. Chris White - Neuromuscular Physician

Happy 50th Birthday to me