April 2 - Thank you Skypointe staff during Covid pandemic

Written on April 2:
WOW ticket to recognize our frontline workers. Letter sent to AgeCare- Skypointe leadership as I cannot clap or write out a WOW ticket showing my appreciation to leadership and all staff members of the facility of the care received during the Covid-19 pandemic. Unfortunately, our facility was impacted by Covid-19, we had 4 staff members who tested positive but happy to report no residents contracted the virus. The staff members have fully recovered and passed the protocols set by the Public Health Officer. So many lessons learned during our lockdown as well as seeing what protocols already in place for outbreak occurrences. 


Hello Patricia and Alina. 

I hope this message finds you well and healthy too. 

This is difficult and stressful times we are facing today, especially for those who care for our vulnerable residents in community care facilities across Calgary as well as Canada. Seeing what AgeCare-Skypointe has been doing for their residents and their staff, I want to say thank you and I appreciate it. As we face nursing homes’ annual respiratory outbreaks, your team already in place the restrictions for visitors prior to the provincial guidelines. When it went public that McKenzie Town Community Care Centre, you had notified staff that if they worked there it would impact shifts here. Plus you implemented temperature screening of staff and essential visitors. This week, it was implemented that all residents get temperature screening at least once per shift. I received an AgeCare communication we are asked to clap 👏 at 3pm today. As I am unable to clap I would like to send a WOW ticket to the Skypointe management and all their staff members for taking good care of us through this crisis. Depending on which government official you hear, our restrictions could be another 8-12 weeks. Thank you for being here for me, my mom from Ontario has told me I am in a safe place and thank the staff who you are here for me giving wonderful care. 

My next WOW ticket is for my 6W staff. It is obviously a difficult and stressful time, worrying about their families while being on the frontline worrying about their residents. For that, I say a big thank you for their commitment to me care. As you are aware, I put myself in self-isolation in early March due to the respiratory outbreak on 3/4 floors as well as knowing I have multiple body compromises that puts me at greater risk contracting any virus especially respiratory. Your staff have been great feeding me in my room doing things for me my friends would normally do (open my mail, fill my fridge with my drinks and water my plants). Thank you to them all.

I would like to make a shout out to some specific staff who worked since Thursday. Mumtaz (night RN) - as it usually takes 3 people to change me, there were 2 casuals and Mumtaz was their providing  instructions of my routine. Thank you for your kindness Mumtaz. Emelda and Lorenzia - this weekend during the day shift the floor had a casual with regulars or had to work with only 3 HCAs one who was casual. These two ladies worked diligently to assure we were given good care despite the challenges they faced on the weekend. Emelda and Lorenzia - thank you for your professionalism and kindness. Jaspal and Helen - my shower days and care were wonderful. When you had casuals, great in instructing my routine or you staying with me to complete my care, while the casuals went to assist other residents not so complex as myself. Jaspal and Helen - thank you and I appreciate your care and compassion. 

Sorry the long email, but wanted to acknowledge my appreciation of the care and compassion I have been receiving during this crisis. I know it has put my mom’s worries more at ease knowing how I am being cared for. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 50th Birthday to me

GBS: Learning to Accept and Adapt