Music Therapy Video

About a month after my impromptu interview with Global for the music therapy program, I was approached by my recreational therapist if I would agree to be a part of video for Alberta Health Services (AHS) staff promoting the music therapy. Being a part of the AHS organization, I agreed.

June 2018 I sat down for about 30 minutes to discuss how the music therapy sessions was beneficial for me. It is amazing how music can change one’s state depending on the musical tone. If you incorporate meditation type music with yoga breathing, you can feel the stress leave your body. You play “happy “ music with a great beat - hard not to start swaying to the beat, feeling you are dancing.

When I did the interview I had been transferred to the Transitional unit at Peter Lougheed Hospital awaiting placement to a long term care facility, which majority of the patients had a form of dementia. I observed how they had played some Johnny Cash or Kenny Rogers which calmed a couple of patients. I truly believe that music can bring us together despite having a generation gap. A moment of joy shared brings a smile on your face.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GBS: Learning to Accept and Adapt

Meeting Dr. Chris White - Neuromuscular Physician

Happy 50th Birthday to me