Outing adventure

The weather was finally becoming like spring. More sunshine and warmer temperatures, so it was wonderful to get out of my hospital room for a little bit of fresh air. My mom and I found a small area with benches and shaded by trees just around the corner from the main entrance to the hospital. When it was nice outside we would venture out for a change of scenery. Across from the hospital is Sunridge mall where Cora’s restaurant is. During my time in ICU, Cora’s became a “home away from home” for my mom. To get a break from the hospital, she would go to Cora’s for lunch. Due to mom’s frequency going there, the waitresses got to know and my health crisis. Many times my mom would return saying the girls there are praying for you. Of course, when family friends or my cousin Pat from Edmonton - my mom would go to Cora’s. One week she went to Cora’s 4 times with different visitors! 

May 2018 - it was my turn to go to Cora’s. My mom, our friend Marilyn drove me over to Cora’s for lunch. We knew my chair was too wide to go through the doors off the street, so went to try going through the mall entrance. Unfortunately we faced the same issue - my oversized wheelchair couldn’t get through the entrance. We were fortunate it was a beautiful sunny day and I had no issue getting through the patio gate. It was my first meal in a restaurant since being sick almost 2 years ago. We enjoyed a wonderful lunch. I didn’t feel self-conscious being fed in public. Just enjoyed the moment being with 2 special people to me celebrating another milestone in my recovery. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GBS: Learning to Accept and Adapt

Happy 50th Birthday to me