Sitting by myself

Living in it Day in and day out, sometimes it’s difficult to see the baby steps I am making in my recovery. One of those baby steps is sitting on the side of my bed. The second time I attempted it was March 23, 2019 when my mom was visiting. We were both excited about this achievement as it was the first time I sat up without the assistance of a sling. My HCA Webster helped me swing my feet over the side of my bed while my physiotherapist Kashish swung up into the sitting position. Then using the core and back muscles that are working to straighten me up. With Kashish providing support, I even kicked my lower legs back and forth too.

About 2 months later, another achievement reached - sitting without being supported by Kashish. Though a didn’t get a video of it, on this day I even did exercises where I tilted side to side brought myself back to the middle. I was amazed that I was doing it, so I had to get Webster to take a photo to prove it to myself. 

After each session, I was happy on what I achieved, but it is tiring too. The goal is to sit for 15 minutes or more without assistance. I don’t always reach the unassisted part but still trucking along.


March 23, 2019

May 30, 2019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meeting Dr. Chris White - Neuromuscular Physician

Happy 50th Birthday to me