Fighting for my life again

Just as I started this journey, in March 2017, my mom and I had to face another life threatening episode. In September 2016, my blood pressure went so low I went into cardiac arrest, suffered complications from my PICC lines with infection and blood clots to my lungs and lower left leg. This time around my body was suffering from septicaemia and septic shock with a high fever. Similar to September, I have no memory of this week of touch and go moments. From what I have been told - the nurses brought in a bed for mom to sleep on so she would be with me around the clock. Plus I had more IV lines for the blood transfusions and antibiotics.

With many people keeping me in their prayers and my own spirit and medicine I received; I fought though another battle and came out in the end to win. I will face different challenges in the future, but this was the last major life threatening episode I would have to face. For that I was grateful, both for myself and Mom. My Mom was there for both me and my sister Kathryn as we had to face life threatening conditions. My sister Kathryn was in our conversations over the months to follow, remembering her strength facing her conditions;  having to face both bone cancer and ther amputation of her arm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meeting Dr. Chris White - Neuromuscular Physician

Happy 50th Birthday to me