Finding kindness throughout this journey

The day has finally arrived after weeks of preparing for the move to Foothills Special Services Building (SSB) unit 58 acute rehabilitation unit. The feeling of anxiety and nervousness came back as again I am facing the unknown. New staff, new routine, and a new way of doing things. Silly I know, but those were my feelings at the time. Before I left PLC, the hospitalist taking care of me, Dr. Murray, made my Mom an offer for parking at Foothills (FMC). My Mom was finally getting used to driving to PLC and now has to learn the route to FMC and the parking. Of course, parking at FMC is chaotic at best due to major construction going on. Dr. Murray told my Mom that if she doesn’t have a problem walking a couple of blocks, my Mom would be able to park at her house. Wow - another example of the kindness and generosity from people we have encountered throughout this journey.

The offer from Dr. Murray gave my Mom and myself peace of mind. With so many unknowns we are facing, knowing my Mom doesn’t have to worry about parking was a big relief. Now my Mom can continue to focus on me, rather than where to park.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meeting Dr. Chris White - Neuromuscular Physician

Happy 50th Birthday to me