Let’s get mad

It was difficult to hear everything around me but struggle in communicating and basically lying flat on the bed. I couldn’t tell you how many times I would have tears and I struggled to say why. As one could expect it was tough absorbing the fact that in a matter of weeks I went from a walking able-body person to basically a quadriplegic person. Hearing from the doctors that this was the worst case of GBS they have seen and the recovery will be long and slow. How do you not get angry and frustrated by this situation?

Well one night that is exactly what I did. We were struggling to get my arm into the hospital gown. I became frustrated and angry and next thing I know it, I felt a release as I helped push my arm into the gown sleeve. This is when it sunk in that my shoulders were coming alive.

Yay! with my shoulders I could move my arm up and down!! I should try to get mad more often. Maybe I will prove the doctors wrong and my recovery will be quicker than they predicted. Hands will be next, right? Sadly, I will be disappointed as no real recovery in my arm/hand would be seen into mid 2017!! Legs didn’t come until even later than that. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meeting Dr. Chris White - Neuromuscular Physician

Happy 50th Birthday to me