Wonderful surprise

I will have to admit, sometimes my Mom and I slip when it’s a surprise, even if it is unintentional. That is what happened about a surprise for me. In August, after I was talking with my Aunt Dee and Uncle Alan; I overheard a conversation between my Mom and friend Marilyn. I overheard “Does she know he is coming?” - well putting two and two together, I figured they were talking about my Uncle Alan. I waited a couple weeks and asked Mom when my uncle is coming out - October. I was touched and overwhelmed that he was coming out for a visit. When we spoke on my birthday, I found out not only was my uncle coming but so was my aunt. Wow - couldn’t ask for a better birthday present than that.

So excited to see them - a couple of watery eyes occurred when we saw each other. It was good to show them the progress that I have made, even though it was small. Eating in the dining room and showing them where I do my recreational therapy sessions were good moments too. Definitely lifts one’s spirits seeing them. It gave me the opportunity to tell them in person how much their love and encouragement and the fact that they travelled from Montreal too, has meant to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meeting Dr. Chris White - Neuromuscular Physician

Happy 50th Birthday to me