Another Christmas in the hospital

Knowing my recovery is going to be a slow recovery, I had to celebrate another Christmas in the hospital. My Mom tried making my hospital stay cheery by bringing in a small Christmas tree to brighten my room. It was a battery operated tree and these nice white lights that was a night-light. When I woke up during the night, it gave me something to smile about, a feeling of happy memories with my Mom and family.

Christmas 2017 was a wonderful day. My pain was under control, which was a nice present for me. I had a good day sitting in the chair too. Mom and I enjoyed opening gifts under our little tree. Myself and the nursing staff enjoyed Mom’s homemade shortbread (oh so yummy!!) and chocolate chip cookies she brought in. What made the day special - my Three Hills families came to all feed me lunch. What a wonderful surprise - Jon J; Amy and Garron with their kids Journey and Sol; Sara and John with their kids Sierra, Ethan, Casendra, William and Elysia; and David with his kids Emma, Josiah and Hudson. I am glad we didn’t have many patients in the dining room as we took over alot of tables! It gave me smiles for the rest of the day. I am so blessed for family and friends to brighten my day with visits, phone calls and cards of encouragement. Definitely an important ingredient in anyone’s recovery. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meeting Dr. Chris White - Neuromuscular Physician

Happy 50th Birthday to me