Thank you Mom


My last night with my mom before her move back to Thunder Bay after being by my side for almost 2 years. Below was a tribute to my mom which I wrote on Facebook on September 6, 2018:


Well today will be an emotional day. My mom has been in Calgary for almost 2 years. During those 2 years she has come to hospital every day and continued here at Skypointe. This has definitely been an emotional rollercoaster we have been on these past two years, especially during the acute phase of GBS. As I had a severe GBS case, she had to deal with some touch-and-go moments. Tough doing this without her support system of friends. I am very fortunate that my support system of friends were there for her. Thank you to my friends.

What can I say about my mom - Awesome comes to mind. All those hours she spent bedside holding my hand, massages of my feet/lower legs to take away the pain, wiping away my tears, and her shoulder as I tried to vent my frustrations and worries when I couldn’t voice them aloud. To me she has showed me many examples of unconditional love. She dropped everything at home to be by my side and has stayed there for 2 years.

It hasn’t been all sadness, my mom have shared some laughs and happy times too. The challenges of lip reading brought frustrations but laughter as we try to understand what I was saying. Christmas 2016 when I was able to use my vocal cords to be able to talk my relatives. What a great day! Of course, this year we had lunch at Cora’s - where my she spent for her lunch breaks from the hospital. It was wonderful to do and meet the servers who were so kind to mom.

Tonight we will enjoy our A&W meal - we both love their onion rings. It will be hard to say see you later, but this will be a good change for both of us. Thank you Mom for your love, your encouragement and your on-going support. I will not forget it. I love you so much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GBS: Learning to Accept and Adapt

Happy 50th Birthday to me